Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm Talking About a Revolution ...

We started this week talking about the main ideas of revolution. Your A-Z ideas of what revolution is, where is comes from and how we deal with it were great! Thank you for realizing so early on that revolution does not always mean war and guns and death, but that we are constantly in the middle of a revolution. In this way, we identified technology as the biggest revolution we are in right now.
I appreciated your comments about the 4 songs we looked at that deal with revolution. We listened to "Woman in the Wall", "We Didn't Start the Fire", "Only You" and "The Gulf War Song." I've linked the songs to their titles. Click and enjoy!

Today we started off by dividing the country, then the province, then our town, into 5 groups. I found it very interesting to see how you divide groups; through race, economics, geographic locations etc. This idea lead us into the lecture on the Old Regime, and how France was divided into 3 Estates prior to the revolution.

After that, we all got to COMPLAIN! As you wrote your complaints and you posted them in the room, I was thankful to see that you complain about food, and not that you didn't have any. I was thankful that you complained about school, and not that you didn't have one to attend. And I was thankful that you complained about the Leafs, because I too want them to win!

Tomorrow we will continue with the French Revolution lecture, the seminar is on Thursday and PD Day on Friday.

Please remember to wear your poppy tp school tomorrow, and attend the Remembrance Day ceremony with your friends. Eric will be speaking at the ceremony and I would like to see you all there to support him.

No comments:

Post a Comment